Premier's Vocational Education in Schools Scholarship
This scholarship is open to teachers in NSW secondary schools, specifically Vocational Education Training accredited teachers, or teachers undertaking a VET co-ordination role at their school. The scholarship is for a study to research current issues in vocational education that impact students in schools.
Areas for research may include, but are not restricted to:
- The role of workplace learning in the delivery and assessment of VET courses
- School Based Apprenticeship and Traineeship pathways
- Partnerships between vocational education providers and industry
- Curriculum structures, delivery patterns and arrangements of vocational education
- Articulation of vocational education credentials acquired by students into post-School vocational education and training.
The successful applicant will undertake a study tour and follow-up activities of up to five weeks within Australia, with optional virtual international connections undertaken as appropriate. Study tour travel is to be completed in one block by 30 June 2023, with individual follow-up activities and reporting to be completed within 90 days of study tour completion.
Time may involve formal study (eg, undertaking a short course at a respected tertiary institution) or may involve a program of visits to sites, schools and institutions to conduct interviews, observe exemplary practices and collect resources for the preparation of teaching materials related to the specific scholarship category.
A portion of time (up to one week) should be allocated toward follow-up dissemination activities (eg, experience-sharing, professional learning) within and across NSW, either in-person or virtually. Study tour follow-up activities and outcomes should ideally include specific reference to enhancing rural and regional education.
One scholarship of $15,000 will be offered for travel during 2023.
Proudly supported by the NSW Department of Education
Applications opening Term 1, 2022.