Premier's Education Perfect Technology in Education Scholarship
This scholarship is open to all primary and secondary teachers currently teaching in NSW schools. The scholarship is for the study and investigation of new, emerging and existing technologies and how they could be applied in the context of effective teaching practice in NSW curriculum in the K-12 range.
Teachers applying will need to demonstrate:
- competence in incorporating technologies in their teaching method
- capacity to develop within students learning skills based on their appropriate engagement
- that their study tour will advance understanding of how different technologies can contribute to improved educational outcomes
Education Perfect will support the scholar by:
- providing an introduction about the topic including an overview of new, emerging and existing teaching and learning technologies
- organizing meetings and visits with Australian and International schools which leverage technology and data in effective ways to support teachers, school leaders and students and to improve education outcomes
- providing insights about the digital transformation journey including the adoption of education technologies at a national and international level
- providing introductions to thought leaders in education technology (inside Education Perfect and externally)
The successful applicant will undertake a study tour and follow-up activities of up to five weeks within Australia, with optional virtual international connections undertaken as appropriate. Study tour travel is to be completed in one block by 30 June 2022, with individual follow-up activities and reporting to be completed within 90 days of study tour completion.
Time may involve formal study (eg, undertaking a short course at a respected tertiary institution) or may involve a program of visits to sites, schools and institutions to conduct interviews, observe exemplary practices and collect resources for the preparation of teaching materials related to the specific scholarship category.
A portion of time (up to one week) should be allocated toward follow-up dissemination activities (eg, experience-sharing, professional learning) within and across NSW, either in-person or virtually. Study tour follow-up activities and outcomes should ideally include specific reference to enhancing rural and regional education.
One scholarship of $15,000 will be offered for travel during 2022.
Proudly supported by Education Perfect