Wee Waa Public School
General program enquiries (including application status updates) should be directed to the Rural Experience Program team: email@example.com or phone 02 7814 3820
Eligibility criteria for this placement:
- Permanent employees who hold a substantive position as a teacher and meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
- Non-permanent employees (those on a temporary engagement / contract and casual employees) who meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
Terms 1 - 4, 2024 (Applicants can request a shorter duration in their application).
Role description: This placement is for RFF and Wellbeing support. An interest and expertise in coaching sport would be advantageous.
We are beginning the PBL journey and should be ready to fully implement at the beginning of 2024 so knowledge of PBL would be advantageous. Teaching load would be 0.6 RFF and wellbeing/support 0.4
There is a range of Teacher housing options that may be available and some private rentals currently available. All teacher housing was recently refurbished to a high standard and newer properties have also been purchased in the town.
Please note: Teacher Housing availability can depend upon a variety of factors, including vacancy status and potential priority offers to other staff with full time rural appointments. Teacher Housing Authority (THA) may not be able to confirm allocation of properties until all applications have been received and processed. Applicants are encouraged to discuss property availability directly with THA. Participants of the Rural Experience Program are not eligible for the Housing Rental Subsidy but may rent a property (at market value) through the THA if available.
Wee Waa Public School has approximately 60% Indigenous population. We have a small but active P&C and local AECG. Our students are known for their sporting ability and have often represented the school at state level. We are 40 km from Narrabri and a 2 ½ hour drive to Tamworth. Wee Waa has an IGA, hotel, Bowling Club, Golf Club and a range of shops to cater for all needs and is friendly and welcoming.
How to apply for this placement
- Refer to the Guide to Applying as you prepare your application
- Complete the online application form and answer the placement questions:
- What motivated you to apply for the program in general and specifically this placement? (max 600 words)
- What skills and experiences can you bring to the Rural Experience School? Why would you be a good fit for this placement (max 600 words)
- Attach the required documentation to your application:
- Endorsement of Application form (saved as a PDF)
- Resume / CV (maximum 2 pages as a PDF)