Wamoon Public School
General program enquiries (including application status updates) should be directed to the Rural Experience Program team: email@example.com or phone 02 7814 3820
Eligibility criteria for this placement:
- Permanent employees who hold a substantive position as a teacher and meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
- Non-permanent employees (those on a temporary engagement / contract and casual employees) who meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
Primary Teacher: Classroom or special interest
Wamoon Public School, Wamoon NSW
Placement level: Teacher
Contact for enquiries: Rachel Thomason (Principal), firstname.lastname@example.org, 02 6955 9492
Additional resources: explore what it's like to live and work in the Leeton area.
Terms 1 - 4, 2024 (Applicants can request a shorter duration in their application).
Role description: The placement will be tailored dependent on the skillset of the applicant. It may be teaching a class, implementing intervention programs, RFF or opportunities to explore and lead whole school programs relating to our school priority areas.
Additional commitments: Participation in extra-curricular activities based on interest is welcomed
Desired candidate expertise:
- Approval to teach K-6
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the capacity to work collaboratively in a team and build positive relationships with all members of the school community.
- Demonstrated success in developing and delivering high-quality, differentiated teaching and learning programs with an emphasis on student engagement.
- Knowledge of and the ability to implement the Department’s Aboriginal education policy to enhance quality outcomes for all Aboriginal students.
- Commitment to student wellbeing
Rental accommodation is available in Leeton. Private Accommodation (through agents) is available where short and long-term rentals can be accessed. The school may be able to arrange short-term accommodation whilst the successful candidate gets settled in the town. Teacher Housing may be available at the time.
Please note: Teacher Housing availability can depend upon a variety of factors, including vacancy status and potential priority offers to other staff with full time rural appointments. Teacher Housing Authority (THA) may not be able to confirm allocation of properties until all applications have been received and processed. Applicants are encouraged to discuss property availability directly with THA. Participants of the Rural Experience Program are not eligible for the Housing Rental Subsidy but may rent a property (at market value) through the THA if available.
Wamoon Public School, with a current enrolment of 34 students, including 14 Aboriginal students, is a rural school located in the Riverina, 8 kilometres from the Leeton township on Wiradjuri land. Our school enrolment has remained stable over the past 5 years. Our staff consists of a mixture of experienced and early-career teachers. We receive support from an Assistant Principal - Curriculum and Instruction who provides professional learning to ensure continuous improvement in teaching practice. We are part of the National School Chaplaincy Program which supports student wellbeing programs. We continue to focus on student wellbeing with strides being made in recent years to improve practices. The school values collaborative partnerships with the local network of schools and is a proud member of the Leeton Community of Public Schools. Wamoon Public School has strong relationships and connections with the Parents & Citizens Association as well as the broader parent and wider community.
How to apply for this placement
- Refer to the Guide to Applying as you prepare your application
- Complete the online application form and answer the placement questions:
- What motivated you to apply for the program in general and specifically this placement? (max 600 words)
- What skills and experiences can you bring to the Rural Experience School? Why would you be a good fit for this placement (max 600 words)
- Attach the required documentation to your application:
- Endorsement of Application form (saved as a PDF)
- Resume / CV (maximum 2 pages as a PDF)