Wakool Burraboi Public School
General program enquiries (including application status updates) should be directed to the Rural Experience Program team: email@example.com or phone 02 7814 3820
Eligibility criteria for this placement:
- Permanent employees who hold a substantive position as a teacher and meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
- Non-permanent employees (those on a temporary engagement / contract and casual employees) who meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
Primary Teacher: Multi-stage
Wakool Burraboi Public School, Wakool NSW
Placement level: Teacher
Contact for enquiries: Lisa Chambers (Principal), firstname.lastname@example.org, 03 5887 1126
Additional resources: explore what it's like to live and work in the Edward River area.
Terms 1 - 4, 2024 (Applicants can request a shorter duration in their application).
Role description: The successful applicant will be:
- involved in delivering and supporting learning for students in K-6.
- required to participate in professional learning and collaborate with other staff.
- committed to working towards improved learning outcomes for all with a specific focus on Quality Teaching.
The anticipated teaching load of the placement will be a multi-staged class with a high teacher-student ratio.
Additional commitments: Extra-curricular responsibilities will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Desired candidate expertise:
- Approval to teach in K-6, with successful teaching experience.
- Demonstrated ability to embed assessment into the teaching and learning cycle and analyse student data to deliver high quality, differentiated teaching and learning programs.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other teachers for effective planning and assessment, and transition.
- Demonstrated capacity to build and contribute to whole school roles and responsibilities and contribute positively to the school culture.
Accommodation that could be made available for a teacher includes teaching housing located in Wakool in a 3-bedroom house. Other teaching housing or private rental accommodation options may be available in Barham (38km) or Deniliquin (70km).
Please note: Teacher Housing availability can depend upon a variety of factors, including vacancy status and potential priority offers to other staff with full time rural appointments. Teacher Housing Authority (THA) may not be able to confirm allocation of properties until all applications have been received and processed. Applicants are encouraged to discuss property availability directly with THA. Participants of the Rural Experience Program are not eligible for the Housing Rental Subsidy but may rent a property (at market value) through the THA if available.
Wakool Burraboi Public School is seeking a highly-skilled, diligent and committed teacher to join their staff in 2024. Wakool Burraboi Public School has an enrolment K-6 of 8 students in 2023, and sits in the small town of Wakool, a rural irrigation area located in the south-western Riverina, of New South Wales, approximately 70 km west of Deniliquin. Other neighbouring towns include Barham 38km, Moulamein 70km, Echuca/Moama 100km and Swan Hill 80km. Wakool Burraboi Public School enjoys strong community support.
Wakool Burraboi Public School strives to enhance the potential of all students through personalised learning, teamwork to improve student outcomes and a focus on Quality Teaching. The school is focused on improving the literacy and numeracy outcomes of each student. The school is committed to delivering high-quality teaching and learning programs through evidence-based teaching, reflective practices and professional collaboration.
How to apply for this placement
- Refer to the Guide to Applying as you prepare your application
- Complete the online application form and answer the placement questions:
- What motivated you to apply for the program in general and specifically this placement? (max 600 words)
- What skills and experiences can you bring to the Rural Experience School? Why would you be a good fit for this placement (max 600 words)
- Attach the required documentation to your application:
- Endorsement of Application form (saved as a PDF)
- Resume / CV (maximum 2 pages as a PDF)