Tallimba Public School
General program enquiries (including application status updates) should be directed to the Rural Experience Program team: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 7814 3820
Eligibility criteria for this placement:
- Permanent employees who hold a substantive position as a teacher and meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
- Non-permanent employees (those on a temporary engagement / contract and casual employees) who meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
Terms 1 - 4, 2023 (Applicants can request a shorter duration in their application).
Role description: The placement will be tailored dependent on the skillset of the applicant. It could be coteaching our multistage class, implementing intervention programs, RFF or opportunities to explore and lead whole school programs relating to our school priority areas.
Desired candidate expertise:
- Demonstrated skills and experience in classroom management and an ability to support effective student wellbeing practices
- Proven ability to differentiate the curriculum and cater for the needs of a diverse range of students using evidence-based teaching and learning strategies
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work as part of a collaborative team
For accommodation options please contact the local West Wyalong real estate agents.
- Quade Moncrieff Livestock and Property Phone: 02 6972 2277
- Miller and James Real Estate Phone: 02 6972 2224
Teacher Housing may also be available.
Please note: Teacher Housing availability can depend upon a variety of factors, including vacancy status and potential priority offers to other staff with full time rural appointments. Teacher Housing Authority (THA) may not be able to confirm allocation of properties until all applications have been received and processed. Applicants are encouraged to discuss property availability directly with THA. Participants of the Rural Experience Program are not eligible for the Housing Rental Subsidy but may rent a property (at market value) through the THA if available.
Tallimba Public School is a collaborative, friendly, and inclusive community school. Our students are known, valued, and cared for by experienced, professional and dedicated staff. The school is located approximately 34km West of West Wyalong. The expected enrolment for 2023 is 8 students taught in one multi-stage class. The school is an active member of the Rural Innovative Educators Network (RIEN).
Tallimba Public School has a committed, highly motivated staff who maintain currency of effective classroom teaching practice with a focus on improving student learning outcomes. We cater to the individual needs of all students through our differentiated class programs and personalised learning goals.
How to apply for this placement
- Refer to the Guide to Applying as you prepare your application
- Complete the online application form and answer the placement questions:
- What motivated you to apply for the program in general and specifically this placement? (max 600 words)
- What skills and experiences can you bring to the Rural Experience School? Why would you be a good fit for this placement (max 600 words)
- Attach the required documentation to your application:
- Endorsement of Application form (saved as a PDF)
- Resume / CV (maximum 2 pages as a PDF)