Rankin Springs Public School
General program enquiries (including application status updates) should be directed to the Rural Experience Program team: email@example.com or phone 02 7814 3820
Eligibility criteria for this placement:
- Permanent employees who hold a substantive position as a teacher and meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
- Non-permanent employees (those on a temporary engagement / contract and casual employees) who meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
Primary Teacher: Multi-stage
Rankins Springs Public School, Rankins Springs NSW
Placement level: Teacher
Contact for enquiries: Matthew Happer (Principal), firstname.lastname@example.org, 02 6966 1206
Additional resources: explore what it's like to live and work in the Hillston area.
Terms 1 - 4, 2024 (Applicants can request a shorter duration in their application).
Desired candidate expertise:
- Approval to teach K-6 with demonstrated excellence in classroom teaching practice in developing and delivering evidence-based quality learning programs, with the emphasis on literacy and numeracy, and the proven ability to use technology to improve student outcomes
- Ability to utilise assessment data to inform teaching and learning, differentiate teaching and learning programs, provide feedback to students and promote a culture of high expectations.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to promote a positive school culture through the development of positive relationships with all community members.
- Extra-curricular responsibilities will be negotiated
There are multiple opportunities to rent farm houses and/or houses in the smaller towns in the vicinity of Rankin’s Springs. Additionally, the town of Griffith is 65km away with an extensive rental market. Griffith hosts multiple restaurants, gyms, sporting clubs and wineries.
Please note: Teacher Housing availability can depend upon a variety of factors, including vacancy status and potential priority offers to other staff with full time rural appointments. Teacher Housing Authority (THA) may not be able to confirm allocation of properties until all applications have been received and processed. Applicants are encouraged to discuss property availability directly with THA. Participants of the Rural Experience Program are not eligible for the Housing Rental Subsidy but may rent a property (at market value) through the THA if available.
Rankins Springs Public School is a small rural school situated on the lands of the Wiradjuri people, 65km north of Griffith, on the Mid Western Highway between Hay and West Wyalong. In the last five years, enrolments have ranged between 24 and 31 students in two multistage classes, with 10% of students identifying as Aboriginal. The school serves a vibrant and hard-working community who seek employment in local farming and community businesses.
A committed and highly motivated staff maintain current evidence-based classroom teaching practices with a focus on improving student learning outcomes for all. Staffing consists of a teaching principal, two full-time teachers, an Assistant Principal Curriculum & Instruction, school administration manager, school learning support officer and a general assistant.
The school is an active member of the Rural Innovative Educator's Network, a small schools' collaboration. The team provides staff with regular opportunities to participate in quality professional learning to improve teacher quality, and outcomes for all our students.
How to apply for this placement
- Refer to the Guide to Applying as you prepare your application
- Complete the online application form and answer the placement questions:
- What motivated you to apply for the program in general and specifically this placement? (max 600 words)
- What skills and experiences can you bring to the Rural Experience School? Why would you be a good fit for this placement (max 600 words)
- Attach the required documentation to your application:
- Endorsement of Application form (saved as a PDF)
- Resume / CV (maximum 2 pages as a PDF)