Niangala Public School
General program enquiries (including application status updates) should be directed to the Rural Experience Program team: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 7814 3820
Eligibility criteria for this placement:
- Permanent employees who hold a substantive position as a teacher and meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
- Non-permanent employees (those on a temporary engagement / contract and casual employees) who meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
Terms 1 - 4, 2023 (Applicants can request a shorter duration in their application).
We are looking for an energetic, good humoured, enthusiastic teacher to join our school community for 2023. The placement would require the applicant to work in the K-6 multi-staged teaching environment however the specifics of the placement will be dependent upon the skillset of the applicant.
The applicant who would best suit our school community should demonstrate:
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the enthusiasm to work collaboratively in a team and build positive relationships with all members of the school community.
- Demonstrated success in developing and delivering evidence-based practices, differentiated teaching and learning programs.
- A focus and priority for Student Wellbeing.
Walcha would be the best location and option for accommodation. The possibility of renting a home, cabin, or flat in the township or on a local rural property. The community is committed to supporting the educational outcomes of its students and would be willing to assist in finding suitable accommodation for the successful applicant and their family if necessary.
Please note: Teacher Housing availability can depend upon a variety of factors, including vacancy status and potential priority offers to other staff with full time rural appointments. Teacher Housing Authority (THA) may not be able to confirm allocation of properties until all applications have been received and processed. Applicants are encouraged to discuss property availability directly with THA. Participants of the Rural Experience Program are not eligible for the Housing Rental Subsidy but may rent a property (at market value) through the THA if available.
Our school is located in the village of Niangala, which is 70km from Tamworth and 40kms from Walcha and in the beautiful New England region. It is a school with currently 11 students enrolled.
The school employs a teaching principal and classroom teacher on a full-time basis. Additional teachers, School Administration Manager, General Assistant and School Administration Officers are employed on a part-time basis to support individualised learning and the management of the school.
Niangala Public School offers an engaging, respectful and enjoyable learning environment that provides differentiated learning at point of need for all students in all curriculum areas. The staff work collaboratively to provide the students with programs that are comprehensive, innovative and evidence based with a strong emphasis on literacy and numeracy. The school is well resourced and is set in a large playground which caters for imaginative and investigative play.
How to apply for this placement
- Refer to the Guide to Applying as you prepare your application
- Complete the online application form and answer the placement questions:
- What motivated you to apply for the program in general and specifically this placement? (max 600 words)
- What skills and experiences can you bring to the Rural Experience School? Why would you be a good fit for this placement (max 600 words)
- Attach the required documentation to your application:
- Endorsement of Application form (saved as a PDF)
- Resume / CV (maximum 2 pages as a PDF)