Moree Public School
General program enquiries (including application status updates) should be directed to the Rural Experience Program team: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 7814 3820
Eligibility criteria for this placement:
- Permanent employees who hold a substantive position as a teacher and meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
- Non-permanent employees (those on a temporary engagement / contract and casual employees) who meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
Terms 1 - 4, 2023 (Applicants can request a shorter duration in their application).
Role description: The placement will be tailored dependent on the skillset of the applicant. It could be having their own class, implementing intervention programs, RFF or opportunities to explore and lead whole school programs relating to our school priority areas.
Additional commitments: Participation in extra-curricular activities based on interest is welcomed
Desired candidate expertise:
- Approval to teach K-6
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the capacity to work collaboratively in a team and build positive relationships with all members of the school community.
- Demonstrated success in developing and delivering high-quality, differentiated teaching and learning programs with an emphasis on student engagement.
- Knowledge of and the ability to implement the Department's Aboriginal education policy to enhance quality outcomes for all Aboriginal students.
- Commitment to student wellbeing
Depending on the specific needs of individuals, there are a variety of housing options to support accommodation needs within Moree, which include one-bedroom furnished/unfurnished units to houses within town with several bedrooms. Both private and government accommodation available, depending upon the needs of the teacher.
Please note: Teacher Housing availability can depend upon a variety of factors, including vacancy status and potential priority offers to other staff with full time rural appointments. Teacher Housing Authority (THA) may not be able to confirm allocation of properties until all applications have been received and processed. Applicants are encouraged to discuss property availability directly with THA. Participants of the Rural Experience Program are not eligible for the Housing Rental Subsidy but may rent a property (at market value) through the THA if available.
Moree Public School is located in the North West NSW. The school is set on large, attractive and well–maintained grounds. It has a population of 530 students, with 40% identifying as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander. The school maintains high standards for student learning and behaviour and prides itself on having quality programs and practices in place. Our students benefit from a broad range of academic, creative and performing arts and sporting programs. The school enjoys close ties with and is very highly regarded and well supported by the local and wider community. Students are drawn from a diverse range of backgrounds. Our school values are Equity, Excellence and Community.
How to apply for this placement
- Refer to the Guide to Applying as you prepare your application
- Complete the online application form and answer the placement questions:
- What motivated you to apply for the program in general and specifically this placement? (max 600 words)
- What skills and experiences can you bring to the Rural Experience School? Why would you be a good fit for this placement (max 600 words)
- Attach the required documentation to your application:
- Endorsement of Application form (saved as a PDF)
- Resume / CV (maximum 2 pages as a PDF)