Menindee Central School
General program enquiries (including application status updates) should be directed to the Rural Experience Program team: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 7814 3820
Eligibility criteria for this placement:
- Permanent employees who hold a substantive position as a teacher and meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
- Non-permanent employees (those on a temporary engagement / contract and casual employees) who meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
Terms 1 - 4, 2023 (Applicants can request a shorter duration in their application).
Role description: The placement will be tailored dependent on the skillset of the applicant. It could be having their own class, implementing intervention programs, RFF or opportunities to explore and lead whole school programs relating to our school priority areas.
Additional commitments: Participation in extra-curricular activities based on interest is welcomed
Desired candidate expertise:
- Approval to teach K-6
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the capacity to work collaboratively in a team and build positive relationships with all members of the school community.
- Demonstrated success in developing and delivering high quality, differentiated teaching and learning programs with an emphasis on student engagement.
- Knowledge of and the ability to implement the Department's Aboriginal education policy to enhance quality outcomes for all Aboriginal students.
- Commitment to student wellbeing
Teacher Housing may be available.
Please note: Teacher Housing availability can depend upon a variety of factors, including vacancy status and potential priority offers to other staff with full time rural appointments. Teacher Housing Authority (THA) may not be able to confirm allocation of properties until all applications have been received and processed. Applicants are encouraged to discuss property availability directly with THA. Participants of the Rural Experience Program are not eligible for the Housing Rental Subsidy but may rent a property (at market value) through the THA if available.
Menindee Central School is located 110kms South-East of Broken Hill, delivering K-12 curriculum as part of the Wilvandee Access Program. The school is part of the Connected Communities strategy, which aims to improve educational outcomes for Aboriginal children and young people. The strategy positions schools as community hubs that broaden the influence of the community and school leadership in the delivery of key services that support children and young people through school into further training, study and employment. The school focuses on enhancing student engagement and wellbeing, encouraging community involvement and providing quality curriculum delivery through student-centred, culturally appropriate teaching and learning. There are approximately 90 students from K-12, and approximately 70% of the school's students identify as Aboriginal.
How to apply for this placement
- Refer to the Guide to Applying as you prepare your application
- Complete the online application form and answer the placement questions:
- What motivated you to apply for the program in general and specifically this placement? (max 600 words)
- What skills and experiences can you bring to the Rural Experience School? Why would you be a good fit for this placement (max 600 words)
- Attach the required documentation to your application:
- Endorsement of Application form (saved as a PDF)
- Resume / CV (maximum 2 pages as a PDF)