Mendooran Central School
General program enquiries (including application status updates) should be directed to the Rural Experience Program team: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 7814 3820
Eligibility criteria for this placement:
- Permanent employees who hold a substantive position as a teacher and meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
- Non-permanent employees (those on a temporary engagement / contract and casual employees) who meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
Terms 1 - 4, 2023 (Applicants can request a shorter duration in their application).
Placement opportunities are available for teachers looking to work within the broader school community.
Role description: The teaching load of the placement will be negotiated with the successful applicant to include areas of applicant interest and school need. Arrangements could cater for generalist teachers or those with specific preferences. We are particularly looking for PDHPE, Mathematics, industrial technology.
The successful applicant will be encouraged to develop innovative approaches to learning that address the educational and social aspirations of all students.
Extra-curricular responsibilities may be negotiated.
Desired candidate expertise:
- Willingness to teach students in years 7-12 (specific stage preferences can be negotiated)
- Highly developed organisational and interpersonal skills with an ability to work collaboratively to build positive relationships with students, staff, parents and the wider community
- Knowledge of and commitment to the Department’s Aboriginal Education policies
Teacher Housing may be available.
Please note: Teacher Housing availability can depend upon a variety of factors, including vacancy status and potential priority offers to other staff with full time rural appointments. Teacher Housing Authority (THA) may not be able to confirm allocation of properties until all applications have been received and processed. Applicants are encouraged to discuss property availability directly with THA. Participants of the Rural Experience Program are not eligible for the Housing Rental Subsidy but may rent a property (at market value) through the THA if available.
Mendooran Central School is a small school located approximately an hours drive from Dubbo, our closest major centre. We are an hour and 20 minutes drive to Mudgee and are surrounded by several other small local towns. Our school has a strong focus on wellbeing and increasing opportunities for rural students. Mendooran and surrounding towns have a variety of sporting opportunities.
How to apply for this placement
- Refer to the Guide to Applying as you prepare your application
- Complete the online application form and answer the placement questions:
- What motivated you to apply for the program in general and specifically this placement? (max 600 words)
- What skills and experiences can you bring to the Rural Experience School? Why would you be a good fit for this placement (max 600 words)
- Attach the required documentation to your application:
- Endorsement of Application form (saved as a PDF)
- Resume / CV (maximum 2 pages as a PDF)