Mallawa Public School
General program enquiries (including application status updates) should be directed to the Rural Experience Program team: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 7814 3820
Eligibility criteria for this placement:
- Permanent employees who hold a substantive position as a teacher and meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
- Non-permanent employees (those on a temporary engagement / contract and casual employees) who meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
Terms 1 - 4, 2024 (Applicants can request a shorter duration in their application).
Role description: Mallawa PS is looking for a dynamic classroom teacher who is innovative, energetic, caring, open to new learning and enjoys working in a collaborative environment focussed on improving student learning outcomes. Our school’s culture is based on developing student potential through quality education, nurturing strengths, creating relationships, and having fun! The placement will be tailored dependent on the skillset of the applicant. It could be having their own class (K-2 or 3-6), implementing intervention programs, RFF or opportunities to explore and lead whole school programs relating to our school priority areas.
Additional commitments: Interest or expertise in literacy, numeracy and creative and performing arts and/or STEM is welcome.
Desired candidate expertise:
- Approval to teach K-6
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the capacity to work collaboratively in a team and build positive relationships with all members of the school community.
- Demonstrated success in developing and delivering high quality, differentiated teaching and learning programs with an emphasis on student engagement.
- Commitment to student wellbeing
Rental accommodation may be available in Moree, with short to longer term rentals possible. Alternatively, there may be opportunities locally (on a farm) or for shared housing, depending on the needs of the applicant. Teacher Housing may be available in Moree (60km).
Rentals may be sourced from the following Real Estates: North West Real Estate, Moree Real Estate, Ray White Moree and Raine and Horne Moree. If successful, we will endeavour to support you in finding housing in the local area.
Please note: Teacher Housing availability can depend upon a variety of factors, including vacancy status and potential priority offers to other staff with full time rural appointments. Teacher Housing Authority (THA) may not be able to confirm allocation of properties until all applications have been received and processed. Applicants are encouraged to discuss property availability directly with THA. Participants of the Rural Experience Program are not eligible for the Housing Rental Subsidy but may rent a property (at market value) through the THA if available.
Mallawa Public School is a small friendly rural school full of great country kids. It is situated 60 kilometres west of Moree, and is the centre of the Mallawa community. With caring teachers, an active community and P&C, we provide a wonderful environment for all children where their strengths can be nurtured.
At Mallawa Public School we believe that every student should be inspired and challenged to learn, meet high expectations and realise their full potential. Our staff are dedicated to providing a high-quality education for our students by creating a nurturing learning environment where students are creative, reflective and independent learners.
The school: Classrooms are fitted with the latest interactive panel boards and every student in the school has access to a laptop. It has excellent facilities which include well-maintained classrooms in pleasant, green surroundings.
Our school directly caters for the needs of students from Kindergarten to Year 6, with a current enrolment of 9 students and a potential enrolment of 11 students in 2024.
Based in Mallawa, the applicant would be a short distance from a range of facilities including the Moree Artesian Aquatic Centre, which boasts hot pools and a gym. Moree also has an art gallery, library, tennis club, music opportunities, a range of restaurants and sporting facilities. For more services and major retailers, Inverell is less than 150km away and Narrabri and Gunnedah are an hour or two to the south via the Newell Highway.
We would love for you to come and experience teaching in our wonderful small school and embrace all that we have to offer, visit our school's Facebook page for further details.
How to apply for this placement
- Refer to the Guide to Applying as you prepare your application
- Complete the online application form and answer the placement questions:
- What motivated you to apply for the program in general and specifically this placement? (max 600 words)
- What skills and experiences can you bring to the Rural Experience School? Why would you be a good fit for this placement (max 600 words)
- Attach the required documentation to your application:
- Endorsement of Application form (saved as a PDF)
- Resume / CV (maximum 2 pages as a PDF)