Ivanhoe Central School
General program enquiries (including application status updates) should be directed to the Rural Experience Program team: email@example.com or phone 02 7814 3820
Eligibility criteria for this placement:
- Permanent employees who hold a substantive position as a teacher and meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
- Non-permanent employees (those on a temporary engagement / contract and casual employees) who meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
Terms 1 - 4, 2023 (Applicants can request a shorter duration in their application).
The placement will be tailored dependent on the skillset of the applicant. (Highly desirable - Teachers that are qualified or experienced with Performing Arts and/or Early Intervention). It could be having their own class, implementing intervention programs, RFF, teaching across the whole school including Stage 4 and 5, or opportunities to explore and lead whole school programs relating to our school priority areas.
Teaching housing is likely to be available (currently two new houses being constructed). There are also two accommodation options in town. The Ivanhoe Service Station and Caravan Park and the Ivanhoe Hotel – both these offer long term accommodation.
Please note: Teacher Housing availability can depend upon a variety of factors, including vacancy status and potential priority offers to other staff with full time rural appointments. Teacher Housing Authority (THA) may not be able to confirm allocation of properties until all applications have been received and processed. Applicants are encourage to discuss property availability directly with THA. Participants of the Rural Experience Program are not eligible for the Housing Rental Subsidy but may rent a property (at market value) through the THA if available.
Ivanhoe Central School is an inclusive country school located between Broken Hill and Griffith. The school has excellent facilities, which include well-resourced classrooms, attractive surroundings and a proudly maintained, productive Outback Adventure Farm.
The school's role in the community is a pivotal one, providing and supporting many services that would otherwise be unavailable. Enrolment of 28 students includes 60% Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students. A motivated primary staff and specialist secondary staff deliver an integrated science and technology curriculum K-12. The student driven curriculum provides opportunities for the students to engage in STEM, VET, creative and performing arts.
Primary is delivered through multi-stage classes and Secondary school through single stage classes. Stage 6 is delivered through the Wilvandee Access Program.
How to apply for this placement
- Refer to the Guide to Applying as you prepare your application
- Complete the online application form and answer the placement questions:
- What motivated you to apply for the program in general and specifically this placement? (max 600 words)
- What skills and experiences can you bring to the Rural Experience School? Why would you be a good fit for this placement (max 600 words)
- Attach the required documentation to your application:
- Endorsement of Application form (saved as a PDF)
- Resume / CV (maximum 2 pages as a PDF)