Deniliquin North Public School
General program enquiries (including application status updates) should be directed to the Rural Experience Program team: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 7814 3820
Eligibility criteria for this placement:
- Permanent employees who hold a substantive position as a teacher and meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
- Non-permanent employees (those on a temporary engagement / contract and casual employees) who meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
Primary Teacher: Classroom or special interest
Deniliquin North Public School, Denilquin NSW
Placement level: Teacher
Contact for enquiries: Mark Peterson (Principal), email@example.com, 03 5881 1042
Additional resources: explore what it's like to live and work in the Edward River area.
Terms 1 - 4, 2024 (Applicants can request a shorter duration in their application).
Role description: The placement will be tailored dependent on the skillset of the applicant. It could be having your own class, implementing extension or intervention programs, RFF or opportunities to explore and lead whole school programs relating to our school priority areas.
Additional commitments: Participation in extra-curricular activities based on interest is welcomed.
Desired candidate expertise:
- Approval to teach K-6
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the capacity to work collaboratively in a team and build positive relationships with all members of the school community.
- Demonstrated success in developing and delivering high-quality, differentiated teaching and learning programs with an emphasis on student engagement.
- Knowledge of and the ability to implement the Department's Aboriginal education policy to enhance quality outcomes for all Aboriginal students.
- Commitment to student wellbeing.
Accommodation in Deniliquin options includes potential teacher housing if available or private rental. There are caravan parks in town with cabins. Private rental and teacher housing are currently in short supply.
Please note: Teacher Housing availability can depend upon a variety of factors, including vacancy status and potential priority offers to other staff with full time rural appointments. Teacher Housing Authority (THA) may not be able to confirm allocation of properties until all applications have been received and processed. Applicants are encouraged to discuss property availability directly with THA. Participants of the Rural Experience Program are not eligible for the Housing Rental Subsidy but may rent a property (at market value) through the THA if available.
Deniliquin North Public School is one of three public schools located in the rural town of Deniliquin, which has an approximate population of 7000. We are 3.5 hours north of Melbourne with the Murray River an hour away. The current enrolment is 173 students across seven classes. The school is supported by an active P&C supporting the Healthy School 5-star rated canteen. We are developing stronger relationships with local community organisations to support the rehabilitation of the local environment and increased acceptance of Indigenous culture. The staff demonstrates their love of learning and passion for supporting students to achieve in external events including Debating, Tournament of the Minds, the Energy Breakthrough challenge, and NSW PSSA sporting competitions. A variety of well-being programs and activities are in place across the school setting including Smiling Mind, Beyond Blue, Day for Daniel, the school chaplaincy program, and Second Step; a social/emotional support initiative. Student voice is supported through the roles of student leaders and the Student Representative Council who support students across the school with lunchtime sports and play activities, library support, and care of the environment.
Check out this video describing teaching in Deni.
How to apply for this placement
- Refer to the Guide to Applying as you prepare your application
- Complete the online application form and answer the placement questions:
- What motivated you to apply for the program in general and specifically this placement? (max 600 words)
- What skills and experiences can you bring to the Rural Experience School? Why would you be a good fit for this placement (max 600 words)
- Attach the required documentation to your application:
- Endorsement of Application form (saved as a PDF)
- Resume / CV (maximum 2 pages as a PDF)