Condobolin Public School
General program enquiries (including application status updates) should be directed to the Rural Experience Program team: email@example.com or phone 02 7814 3820
Eligibility criteria for this placement:
- Permanent employees who hold a substantive position as a teacher and meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
- Non-permanent employees (those on a temporary engagement / contract and casual employees) who meet the eligibility requirments in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
Primary Teacher: Classroom or special interest
Condobolin Public School, Condobolin NSW
Placement level: Teacher
Contact for enquiries: Jessica Neilsen (Principal), firstname.lastname@example.org, 02 6895 2134
Additional resources: explore what it's like to live and work in the Condobolin area.
Terms 1 - 4, 2024 (Applicants can request a shorter duration in their application).
Role description: The placement will be tailored dependent on the skillset of the applicant. It could be having their own class, implementing intervention programs, RFF or opportunities to explore and lead whole school programs relating to our school priority areas.
Additional commitments: Participation in extra-curricular activities based on interest is welcomed.
Desired candidate expertise:
- Approval to teach K-6
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the capacity to work collaboratively in a team and build positive relationships with all members of the school community.
- Demonstrated success in developing and delivering high-quality, differentiated teaching and learning programs with an emphasis on student engagement.
- Knowledge of and the ability to implement the Department’s Aboriginal education policy to enhance quality outcomes for all Aboriginal students.
- Commitment to student wellbeing
Teacher housing and private rentals may be available.
Please note: Teacher Housing availability can depend upon a variety of factors, including vacancy status and potential priority offers to other staff with full time rural appointments. Teacher Housing Authority (THA) may not be able to confirm allocation of properties until all applications have been received and processed. Applicants are encouraged to discuss property availability directly with THA. Participants of the Rural Experience Program are not eligible for the Housing Rental Subsidy but may rent a property (at market value) through the THA if available.
Condobolin Public School with an enrolment of 288 students (including 44% Aboriginal students) is an inclusive, welcoming, and friendly school. We are situated on Wiradjuri country in central west NSW. Condobolin is approximately 100km from Parkes, Forbes, and West Wyalong and is approximately an hour’s drive. Two multi-categorical classes operate at the school. The Parents and Citizens’ Association and Aboriginal Education Consultative Group are both integral parts of the school, committed to working collaboratively with the staff to enhance learning opportunities.
Teamwork and staff participation are highly valued with new staff highly supported.
Visit our school Facebook page for more information.
How to apply for this placement
- Refer to the Guide to Applying as you prepare your application
- Complete the online application form and answer the placement questions:
- What motivated you to apply for the program in general and specifically this placement? (max 600 words)
- What skills and experiences can you bring to the Rural Experience School? Why would you be a good fit for this placement (max 600 words)
- Attach the required documentation to your application:
- Endorsement of Application form (saved as a PDF)
- Resume / CV (maximum 2 pages as a PDF)