Bullarah Public School
General program enquiries (including application status updates) should be directed to the Rural Experience Program team: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 7814 3820
Eligibility criteria for this placement:
- Permanent employees who hold a substantive position as a teacher and meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
- Non-permanent employees (those on a temporary engagement / contract and casual employees) who meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
Terms 1 - 4, 2023 (Applicants can request a shorter duration in their application).
Role description: The successful applicant will have:
- Approval to teach K-6.
- A proven capacity to develop and deliver high quality, differentiated teaching and learning programs using data driven, evidenced based pedagogies to meet the needs of all students, especially high potential students, in a multi-grade classroom.
- Demonstrated exceptional communication, classroom management skills and an ability to maintain a positive learning environment to enhance student wellbeing.
- High level capacity to work flexibly as part of a collaborative whole school team with outstanding interpersonal and organisational skills and ability to build effective relationships with student, staff, parents, and the wider community.
- Knowledge of the Department’s Aboriginal Education policies and a demonstrated commitment to working with diverse communities including Aboriginal students, their families, and the wider community.
Additional commitments: Participation in extra-curricular activities based on interest is welcomed.
Desired candidate expertise:
- Willingness to teach a multi-grade class with the ability to differentiate teaching and learning activities.
- Commitment in delivering quality individual learning programs wit the emphasis on literacy and numeracy.
- Developed interpersonal skills, work collaboratively in a small team environment, work towards building positive relationships with the school community.
Bullarah is a small rural settlement situated on the Gwydir Highway in Northern NSW. Bullarah has a school, a teacher house, and a café. Accommodation may be through teaching housing or there may be private houses to rent (including on local properties and Moree), shared accommodation and caravan parks.
Please note: Teacher Housing availability can depend upon a variety of factors, including vacancy status and potential priority offers to other staff with full time rural appointments. Teacher Housing Authority (THA) may not be able to confirm allocation of properties until all applications have been received and processed. Applicants are encouraged to discuss property availability directly with THA. Participants of the Rural Experience Program are not eligible for the Housing Rental Subsidy but may rent a property (at market value) through the THA if available.
Bullarah Public School is a small rural TP1 school with an enrolment of 11 students for 2022. The school is situated 70 km west of Moree in the Moree Shire. Bullarah Public School has a strong focus on literacy, numeracy, student wellbeing and engagement. Staff are committed to ongoing improvement of our school through delivery of quality teaching and participation in quality targeted professional learning aligned with the school's Strategic Improvement Plan.
How to apply for this placement
- Refer to the Guide to Applying as you prepare your application
- Complete the online application form and answer the placement questions:
- What motivated you to apply for the program in general and specifically this placement? (max 600 words)
- What skills and experiences can you bring to the Rural Experience School? Why would you be a good fit for this placement (max 600 words)
- Attach the required documentation to your application:
- Endorsement of Application form (saved as a PDF)
- Resume / CV (maximum 2 pages as a PDF)