Bellata Public School
General program enquiries (including application status updates) should be directed to the Rural Experience Program team: email@example.com or phone 02 7814 3820
Eligibility criteria for this placement:
- Permanent employees who hold a substantive position as a teacher and meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
- Non-permanent employees (those on a temporary engagement / contract and casual employees) who meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
Terms 1 - 4, 2024 (Applicants can request a shorter duration in their application).
Role description: Bellata PS is looking for a dynamic classroom teacher who is innovative, energetic, caring, open to new learning and enjoys working in a collaborative environment focussed on improving student learning outcomes. Our school’s culture is based on developing student potential through quality education, nurturing strengths, creating relationships, and having fun!
The placement will be tailored dependent on the skillset of the applicant. It could be having their own class (K-2 or 3-6), implementing intervention programs, RFF or opportunities to explore and lead whole school programs relating to our school priority areas.
Additional commitments: Interest or expertise in literacy, numeracy and creative and performing arts and/or STEM is welcome.
Desired candidate expertise:
- Approval to teach K-6
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the capacity to work collaboratively in a team and build positive relationships with all members of the school community.
- Demonstrated success in developing and delivering high quality, differentiated teaching and learning programs with an emphasis on student engagement.
- Commitment to student wellbeing
Bellata has a teacher housing house and a few residential houses that may be available for private rent. Most houses are on large ¼ acre blocks. A farm house has also been available in the past and may be available to the right person and/or family.
Teacher housing is also located at both surrounding towns, being Narrabri (30 mins drive) and Moree (40 mins drive). Please contact Teacher Housing for availability.
If successful, we will endeavour to support you in finding housing in the local area.
Please note: Teacher Housing availability can depend upon a variety of factors, including vacancy status and potential priority offers to other staff with full time rural appointments. Teacher Housing Authority (THA) may not be able to confirm allocation of properties until all applications have been received and processed. Applicants are encouraged to discuss property availability directly with THA. Participants of the Rural Experience Program are not eligible for the Housing Rental Subsidy but may rent a property (at market value) through the THA if available.
Bellata Public School is a small rural school with an emphasis on personalized learning designed to meet the needs of all students in a supportive, safe and happy environment. We currently have an enrolment of 17 students K – 6.
At Bellata Public School we believe that every student should be inspired and challenged to learn, meet high expectations and realise their full potential. Our staff are dedicated to providing a high-quality education for our students by creating a nurturing learning environment where students are creative, reflective and independent learners.
Classrooms are fitted with the latest interactive panel boards and very well resourced. It has excellent facilities which include well maintained classrooms in pleasant, green surroundings. Our school directly caters for the needs of students from Kindergarten to Year 6, with a current enrolment of 17 student and potential enrolment of 18 students in 2024.
Based in Bellata, the applicant would be a short distance from a range of facilities in both Narrabri and Moree. For more services and major retailers, Inverell is less than 150km away and Tamworth and Gunnedah are an hour or two to the south.
We would love for you to come and experience teaching in our wonderful small school and embrace all that we have to offer.
Visit our Facebook page for more information about our school.
How to apply for this placement
- Refer to the Guide to Applying as you prepare your application
- Complete the online application form and answer the placement questions:
- What motivated you to apply for the program in general and specifically this placement? (max 600 words)
- What skills and experiences can you bring to the Rural Experience School? Why would you be a good fit for this placement (max 600 words)
- Attach the required documentation to your application:
- Endorsement of Application form (saved as a PDF)
- Resume / CV (maximum 2 pages as a PDF)